The Countryside Code
Did you know Milton Keynes is an area that's covered by the Countryside Code? Therefore, when you visit our parks please:
- Be considerate to those living in, working in and enjoying the countryside
- Leave gates and property as you find them
- Do not block access to gateways or driveways when parking
- Be nice, say hello, share the space.
- Slow down or stop for horses, walkers and livestock when driving or cycling. Always give them plenty of room.
- Follow local signs and keep to marked paths unless wider access is available
Protect the environment
- Take your litter home - leave no trace of your visit
- Do not light fires and only have BBQs where signs say you can
- Always keep dogs under control and in sight
- Dog poo - bag it and bin it - any public waste bin will do
- Care for nature - do not cause damage or disturbance
Enjoy the outdoors
- Follow advice and observe local signs e.g. water safety signage
- Be responsible for your own safety and others in your care
- Plan ahead and be prepared e.g. look out for flood warnings
To learn more about the Countryside Code, please visit the government website.