Learn about UK Owls
Help students gather interest in owls by participating in our colouring in the owls activity. They can either colour them in appropriately or artistically as they like. Ask them to identify and find three facts about each owl that’s demonstrated in the colouring page.
Here are several questions you can ask:
- What do the different owls eat?
- Where do they live?
- How fast do they fly?
- What adaptations do they have that make them good hunters?
In the colouring page sheet, there are 5 different owl species that are found in the UK, they are:
- Tawny owl
- Barn owl
- Little owl
- Long eared owl
- Short-eared owl
Explore our other primary school resources
- HibernationEducate students about the animals that hibernate and why and when they do it
- Endangered SpeciesHelp further your student’s knowledge about how animals become endangered and the ways we can prevent them from becoming extinct
- The Birds and The BeesLearn the basics of animal reproduction, including life cycles and growth
- Nocturnal AnimalsDiscover what animals are nocturnal and what advantages they have of being active at night