MK Nordic Walking
Nordic Walking is a specific pole walking technique that harnesses the power of the upper body to turn walking into a Workout! It can be adapted for anybody and be done anywhere. Originally developed by Cross Country skiers as a summer training routine, Nordic Walking offers fun, effective, sociable fitness for all ages. Physical Benefits include:
- Tones the upper and lower body at the same time
- Uses 90% of the skeletal muscles
- Burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking
- Reduces the pressure on knees and joints
- Great for the heart and lungs
- Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems
- Poles propel the walker along, making it easier to move faster than normal without feeling the effort.
- It is one of the most effective cross-training techniques for athletes and sports people who require ultimate cardiovascular and endurance conditioning.
MK Nordic Walking offers regular, 60 or 90-minute, timetabled Nordic Walks 7 days a week, including some evenings, in and around Milton Keynes, Woburn & Aspley Woods. All new walkers need to complete a 90min ‘Power of Poles Introduction session’ to learn how to correctly use the specially designed Nordic Walking poles before joining our regular Nordic Walks. Why not book a FREE 30min taster session to see what it’s all about.
Nordic Walking Instructor Emma, along with her team of professionally trained, first aid qualified and insured walk leaders promise to give you a very warm welcome. Whatever your reason for Nordic walking, from weight loss, and improving fitness to the mental health benefits of being outdoors or meeting new people, you can be sure of a friendly, positive, relaxed, and encouraging atmosphere.
To find out more, please visit the Milton Keynes Nordic Walking website